TEQ /Plastique has been successful in the design & manufacture of rigid thermoformed packaging for many years, operating from facilities in the USA, UK and Poland providing bespoke packaging solutions to a variety of industries & blue-chips customers across Europe. Substantial investment has enabled the development of state-of-the-art cleanrooms in its Nottingham & Poznan manufacturing facilities to complement the existing cleanrooms in the USA. TEQ/Plastique is a market leader in USA in the Medical and Pharmaceutical field and is gaining a significant position in Europe.
The business is now part of Sonoco (NYSE: SON) a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and displays and packaging supply chain services. With annualized net sales of approximately $5.4 billion, the Company has 23,000 employees working in approximately 300 operations in 36 countries, serving some of the world’s best-known brands in some 85 nations.
The Company is looking for a credible Medical Sales Engineer to generate new business opportunities within the health sector across Europe. The successful candidate will report directly to the Sales Director and combine technical knowledge on medical packaging and quality requirements with Sales Skills. She/He will excel in design-led sales processes, new account generation and retention. The key requirement of the job consists of conferring with customers, technical, design & quality teams to determine the requirements and transcribe it into a brief/design that brings a solution sale.
• Develop client specific strategies to win new business
• Preparation of technical presentation material and pitch to clients
• Manage and co-ordinate the sales process - Closely follow up project advancement and report as appropriate to the team/customer
• Build strong relationships with both target clients and also regional sales and operational teams
• Oversee the post business award period with internal teams
• Keep up to date with regional supply and demand issues, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the Leadership team
• Proven success, knowledge and at least 6+ years of successful experience in a sales engineer role in the medical thermoforming industry OR related industries
• A passion for Business Development. This is not an account management role
• Engineering or Quality– technical background
• Strong entrepreneurial approach with a proven track record of gaining and maintaining new customers
• Fluent in English – German or French will be an advantage
• An history of building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
• Good project management skills